Monday, October 6, 2008

Lamaze. It's Not Just For Childbirth

Innnnhaaaaaaaale through the nose....

Eeeeeexxxxxhaaaaaallllle through the mouth....

In...Out...In...Out...

Until you can't anymore, then...

hehehehehehehe,hohohohoho,heheheheheh,hohohohoh

Until you can't anymore, then...

Hold your breath 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Breathe

Until you can't anymore, then...

It's over. Usually.

There is pain, there are tears, there are a myriad of emotions that you can't explain to anyone who's not been there.

Lamaze. It's not just for childbirth. It's for raising children.

It is for weeks like last week that Lamaze comes in really handy.

First we'll address the poison ivy. It's getting worse every day (still). We've ditched the scotch tape idea and now have opted for covering his legs with soccer socks. This keeps his pants from constantly rubbing on his legs. Although the insane itching has somewhat subsided from being pumped up with Benedryl his blisters have continued to spread.



He takes awesome naps though!













Have I mentioned lately how much Griffin loves to play football? Or how much we enjoy watching Griffin play football?

Well, it looks like we'll have to find some other way to spend our time this fall.


Good thing his Daddy works for an Orthopedic Surgeon...
I was going to write a funny story about the whole thing, but I haven't yet found the humor.

He's very bummed. And so am I. On so many different levels.

1 comment:

gbmom2407 said...

I have always said that Lamaze isn't for childbirth, they only teach it to you before you have kids so you don't forget. I use it all the time with the kids now. Epidural for childbirth, lamaze for seven year olds!
I would personally love to hear the story of the arm, but you can email me if you want. Hope camping was fun.
I have something to help with the poison ivy... I will be stoping by to drop it off.