Thursday, April 10, 2008

Family Handyman

Last week 2 of my kids plotted out our lot. They ventured outside with paper, pencils and a tape measure. Returned enthusiastically to transfer their measurements to graph paper...

They were very accurate, only a couple of feet off. (I've re-measured everything and I can't find those feet either)

Because a piece of paper that big would never survive in our house (and, because this is what I do best) I graphed it out on a spreadsheet.

(You can click on the images to make them bigger)
As I was plotting all the little extras I realized, when we moved in, there was nothing but "House" and "Garage". Matt added everything else.


I'd love to post before and after shots this morning but that will involve scanning and photo albums. Remember those? The non- digital kind? An exhumation and good dusting off of those will be a wonderful project for the snowy weekend that's being forcasted.


Note added after original post: If you're wondering HOW the bus fits into our lot, I added it here just for fun.

2 comments:

Barbara Frank said...

I remember my kids doing that, too, and they had a lot of fun with it :)

Jesusfreak said...

adding the bus was fitting, since it is a permanent fixture