Monday, January 14, 2008

A Perfect End to a Not-So-Perfect Weekend

This weekend was frustrating. I think I've started speaking a language that no one else in my family understands. Either that or the Latin program they've been plodding through has finally sunk in so much that they have abandoned their native tongue all together. I say something and everyone just looks at me like I'm a crazy woman...or ignores me.

We were to deep clean Sunday afternoon. All the kids KNOW what has to be done, we have a system. I had just as much to do as them so I mistakenly thought we'd all be busy together. We took a break to burn paper have a bon fire while they played in the newly fallen snow, we took a break to watch the outcome of the Chargers/Colts game, and I made a nice crock full of chili for lunch. Every time they stopped working, it was like torture to get them going again.

And then there was the bus... Matt and I are not on the same page when it comes to design. He and I are very different in the way we think. Normally this adds confusion depth to our relationship, but in cases where construction is involved, it's downright messy.

It's turning out great, but it's a slow process when we have to explain, and re-explain, and try to draw out, and not yell, and take each others needs into account, and explain, and draw, and affirm, and..... I think you get the idea. Honestly, we'd compliment each other perfectly if we had the communication thing down pat.

So, here's the master bedroom.The queen size mattress will fit on top and underneath will be oodles and goobs of storage. Just how to access that storage is still under discussion.

I love to micromanage plan everything out before I even think about starting a project and He is more of a "Just Do It" kinda guy. He would have gotten a lot more done if I would have just left him alone.

I'm just glad we're not building a house!

On a brighter note, I realize that miscommunication and confusion have been frustrating couples for centuries. Here's what I will be doing for the next several Sunday nights to cement that in my mind.


For the first time on US television, Masterpiece presents adaptations of all the Jane Austen novels and a new biopic of her life.

1 comment:

Jesusfreak said...

love Pride and Prejuduce (I hate spelling without a spell check) just seen it my self a few months back (sister has the dvds) Ok I do now