Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pass the SketchUp



I've been playing with a free program called SketchUp. I'm not very good at it but I think I've accomplished what I set out to do.

This is the Plan... roughly.







And here's another view with the chairs turned, the tables up, and the overhead compartment and bookshelves removed from the seating area.





I heard about this program from the Ball family, another family in the process of converting a school bus. Despite the fact that someone in their family is much more artistic than me, we seem to be quite similar: their bus was purchased within weeks of ours, they home school, and they also have 5 children.

We went to Home Depot after the Packer game to buy wood for the bunks. Due to the fact that it was snowing buckets and the reality that most people in our town were AT the game, the parking lot was deserted and there were only a handful of shoppers in the store. Matt saw this to be the perfect opportunity to pass gas in every aisle we visited. As a wife and a mother of 4 boys this behavior does not surprise me in the least, I'm just surprised we didn't do donuts in the parking lot on the way out.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post real pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jesusfreak said...

Passing gas is very natural, out of opposite ends of the body. Our motto (not learned from home schooling)

Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it,....and flip ya for the chunks.

last bit only used on sparing occasion and in certain circles