Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Past

I gave up on Christmas pictures in 2005. I don't know if it's the number of kids I have or my inability to make them do what I want that makes it ....um.....not so fun.

I must say I do love the digital camera. At least you know BEFORE it's too late that you're going to just have to write a catchy letter instead.
2005 was the year my Christmas letter started like this...


Turn around! Knock it off! Sit still! Get your hand out of his face, please.
Move in......closer.......
OK, go get a tissue......Ready?
Alright......here we go........SMILE........CLICK.

The perfect family picture. Everyone is home, clean and dressed at the same time. The tree lights are on and the background is cleared of clutter. Each face before me reflects their own personality.

I took about 18 of these. I regret to inform you that, without the proper photo-editing software, I was unable to produce a picture worthy of print. A picture of everyone smiling, eyes open and looking at the camera at the same time. A collage might have been in order but there are only so many hours in a day. I’ve come to the conclusion that anyone who gets the perfect picture in front of the tree is either lucky or lying.
(Or, has had several years of experience herding livestock.)


Here was the product of that evening's work put to music.






No comments: