Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Creativity

When we started homeschooling 5 years ago, I packed away my sewing machine, my serger, my fabric stash, my patterns, and my notions. I had spent years sewing. Kids clothes, PJ's, cloth diapers, curtains, and other crafty things so my "notions" were numerous. With homeschooling my sewing room began morphing into a supply closet...Eventually, when Hailey decided to make that room her bedroom, everything got stuffed in the attic.

Last summer during our roofing and remodeling project Jack, the contractor, fell through the roof into that portion of the attic, the section that housed my maternity clothes and sewing stuff. I remember checking on things and nothing looked damaged, so I closed it up and went on with life.

Lately, it's been calling me. (I've been known to give my stuff personalities.)

Kari... Make something... Start something you can finish in a day... Kari... I know you can hear me...

So I succumbed. I created. I started out simple.

A pretty key fob to replace my plain old blue ribbon one.

That lead to a trip to the fabric store. That led to a stack of fat quarters. That led to a wallet (that I took apart-didn't like it). That led to the clearance isle...

Which led to this.
A new purse. free pattern here!

Which led to countless searches online for other (free) patterns, (in a folder labeled "new fabric obsession") which led me to write this post. (finally). There is a limited amount of creativity allowed at one time here.

4 comments:

gbmom2407 said...

that purse is adorable! I am so glad you got back to something you love.

Deb said...

That's a lovely purse. You made it yourslef, huh? How have people irl responded to it? Do men enjoy it as much as women? Glad you are back to the sewing machine. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

hi kari, you're sewing again. yau.
azure

Barbara Frank said...

It's so cute! I've been getting the urge to sew lately, too, as it's been too long. But there are so many other things I need to do....