Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Two of the Quest For Tranquility

While I love the frugality of parking at truck stops to sleep, the activity level, even in the middle of the night, it high.  After a restless night for me, and luckily a restful night for Matt, we embarked on the second leg of our journey.

I've made it no secret that I find Indiana the most boring state to travel through.  I thank my facebook friends for humoring me through it yesterday. ( I can do that on my cell phone) You can follow along too, if you'd like via Twitter on my sidebar.  The kids, on the other hand, had a great time playing their Gameboys.  We keep them in the bus and the rule is that they only come out while the bus is moving.  

It was rainy and dreary but that enabled us to find the leak in our windshield that was causing our instrument panel to cut out!  

 We stuffed rags around the leak  and caught the drips before they could do more damage.  Eventually the wires dried and the speedometer started working again.

After Indianapolis (and a nap for me) things started to look a little better.  Green grass, budding trees... dare I say, it was pleasant!


At fuel stop the boys ran around outside and picked me some flowers.  They also asked if I would pay for these.



Kentucky and Tennessee passed by without incident and as we reached the Alabama border my fatigue was getting the better of me.  100 more miles I kept telling myself... I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep!

Birmingham arrival: 9:30pm
Miles traveled: 610
MPG: 9 (!)  Best yet!
Internet: Paid for 24 hour of WiFi

275 Miles to go!

Cya there!  

No comments: